Perform-a-text combines text and activity in one book. Clear, comprehensive and interesting presentation of the Catholic Faith based on seven key concepts: God, Creation, Christ, Church, Grace, Sacraments and Commandments. Stories from Scripture, lives of the saints and contemporary situations give students Catholic role models and examples of living the faith.
The lessons are complimented by colorful illustrations.
- Special emphasis on Genesis and the creation of human persons by God in His image.
- Also, the Old Testament is presented as a history of God's merciful love toward people. God's merciful love draws good out of evil and prepares for the coming of Jesus Christ.
- The covenant between God and Israel is an expression of God's merciful love.
- Ch. 1: Learning about the Bible; Revelation; Literary forms.
- Ch. 2-9: Genesis.
- Ch. 10-12: Moses; Passover; the Covenant.
- Ch. 13-14: Joshua; the Judges.
- Ch. 15: Women of Faith; Sarah; Rebekah; Rachel; Miriam.
- Ch. 16: Israel; Samuel; Saul; David; Solomon.
- Ch. 17-18: The Prophets and the Wisdom Books.
- Ch. 19: The Church Year.
- To teach the students that the Old Testament is an expression of God's merciful love and is fulfilled in Jesus Christ.
- To help the students appreciate the main characters of the Old Testament and their struggles to do God's will.