An Easy-to-Use Literature Program with Hands-On Activities
Lead your student to understand and love literature with this in-depth, Catholic program written by homeschooling parent Roxanna Hebson! Level 2 consists of a non-consumable GUIDEBOOK and a consumable NOTEBOOK which guide the student through five classic works of children’s literature: The Wizard of Oz, Madeleine Takes Command, The Borrowers, Misty of Chincoteague, and The Magician’s Nephew.
The Treasure Trove of Literature, Level 2 includes:
- Reading comprehension questions
- Literary elements: setting, character, plot, and theme
- Literary devices and figures of speech (alliteration, irony, similes, and more)
- Character analysis
- Weekly questions for individual or group discussion
- Weekly study of a virtuous character quality and saintly role-model
- Weekly games, projects, and activities
- Final project for each book
Designed for independent study—no prior literary knowledge needed by the parent! To encourage independent study skills, all instructional material in the Guidebook and Notebook is directed to the student. Removable parent resources include a complete answer key and a detailed guide to discussion questions. The program is designed to be completed in one year, but it could be completed more slowly. Level 2 is recommended for fifth grade, but it could also be used with older students, up to eighth grade.
Notebook only : Consumable. 270 pgs. Spiral binding. Softcover. 8½”x11”
Available Mid-June 2020