This is an excellent worktext which has been designed to cover three (18-week) semesters. The book is divided into three parts, and each part can be either a semester or a year-long course depending on the time frame you choose. Using this book your high school student will:
- learn how prefixes, suffixes and roots combine to make all kinds of words;
- learn how to figure out the spelling of a word by the parts that make it up;
- learn how to think in logical fashion about words and their meanings;
- learn a few roots that give the keys to hundreds of words;
- develop the single most necessary ingredient of good communication: a good vocabulary;
- and increase his ability to read and understand as well as express himself more concisely with these words.
Features include daily exercises, example test, Latin and Greek roots and affixes sheets, answer key to daily exercises, and sample schedules. 264 pgs. Softcover. 8½”x11″